Invisalign vs. Braces
Which is better suited to your needs, Invisalign or braces? As a certified Invisalign orthodontist in Las Vegas, we can help you determine if this is a good choice for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you’re thinking about getting braces.
- Both braces and Invisalign aligners are effective at straightening teeth. Braces may be recommended for some situations that are more complex.
- With braces, certain types of food must be avoided. Invisalign’s removable aligners eliminate food restrictions and make oral care easier. But you need to brush your teeth after every meal or the aligners will become stained.
- Since the Invisalign trays are so easy to remove, wearers need to have the discipline to keep them in place for most of the day. That’s not an issue with braces—they stay put until the orthodontist removes them.
- Clear plastic Invisalign aligners are hardly noticeable. Invisalign aligners are often referred to as clear braces or invisible braces. Traditional braces are more obvious, though there are sleek modern versions with clear brackets. Kids can customize traditional braces with colored elastics.
- Invisalign treatments in Las Vegas usually cost a little more than braces. The cost of braces varies with the type that’s selected. Contact us for details.
- Invisalign Teen is a unique system offered specifically for teenage orthodontic patients who want to straighten their teeth with the Invisalign system.